Welcome to Tempered Light! I've developed this site so that I may share with you my passion for nature, expressed through the lens of my camera. Take some time to browse the galleries, and if you like what you see, then please feel free to send me a message!
- August 2012: The September issue of Decanter (on newsstands this August) uses 2 photos of mine from Pagani Ranch and Old Hill Ranch in an article on California's historic vineyards.
- July 2012: My photo Light Breaks Through has been voted public favorite at the Alameda County Fair! Thanks to everyone who voted!
- June 2012: Alameda County Fair runs June 20 - July 8. For those who are local, please spend a day at the fair and visit the Fine Arts exhibition to see four of my prints. My photos on exhibit can be viewed in the Alameda County Fair 2012 Gallery.
- June 2012: The June 30 issue of Wine Spectator article on California Zinfandel will include a photo of mine! Joel Peterson (founder and winemaker at Ravenswood) and his son Morgan Twain-Peterson (founder, winemaker, and one-man show at Bedrock Wine Co) together in a historic Zinfandel vineyard!
- January 2012: Four vineyard prints have helped raise nearly $1000 at auction to benefit Laura's House, a shelter for victims of domestic violence. The prints include The Theives Block, Clos Puccini, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Olive Hill. A special thanks to those working to help a great cause, and willing to hang some of my work in your homes and offices!
- December 2011: Livermore Valley Sunset has placed 3rd in the Tri-Valley Conservancy Freeze Frame Photo Contest, and will join Magpie on a Rusty Fence as two of the featured photos in the TVC 2012 Calendar.
- July 2011: I was asked to photograph the Historic Vineyard Society's 1st Annual Vineyard Tour and Dinner. Read my report and see the photos in my blog entry on the HVS website.
- February 2010: Swinging Bridge has received Honorable Mention in the 2009 National Parks Share the Experience photo contest.
Thanks for visiting!